If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall. Rising Strong™ is a curriculum about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and the clearest path to a wholehearted life.
Rising Strong™ can help you:
- Experience the rush and the sense of belonging that comes from engaging with others.
- Identify your values, and learn why they’re necessary when you’re struggling
- Expand your emotional vocabulary, and learn why integrating our emotions, thoughts, & behaviors is essential for living wholeheartedly
- See the power of story in our lives and how stories drive our feelings, thoughts and behaviors.
- Recognize and capture the stories we make up when faced with struggle.
- Recognize the strategies we use to avoid actually feeling our emotions
- Learn why we need to own our stories, all of them, in order to be the author of our lives
Brené Brown Ph.D. LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Brené Brown Endowed Chair in the Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past fifteen years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, empathy, and shame and is the author of three #1 New York Times bestsellers; Rising Strong, Daring Greatly, and The Gifts of Imperfection. Her TED talk - The Power of Vulnerability - is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 25 million viewers.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Steve, and their children, Ellen and Charlie..
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com